November 7, 2016

Week 7 (Give em Heaven Elders!)

Hanlo Everybody! The days are flying now. The new Thai missionaries came in and I was having flash backs. Elder Simpson, the homie from Vegas, got put into the room down the hall from me so it's pretty cool. It seems like forever ago since I got here. We get our flight plans Friday. We had a lesson yesterday about not getting caught up in thinking that happier times are ahead but to live in the present. I guess it's kinda true but I don't even remember what actual people are like.

Elder Quentin L. Cook came last week and it was cool. We had 3 apostles in a row. He talked about loving your companion, the people, the Mission President, and the Lord on your mission. If you do those things you will have a successful mission. On Wednesday, we had another companion swap and I had the other Zone Leader, Elder Bunker. We talked to this kid investigator named Phii Ben and he wasn't as interested as my others. I haven't talked to him before but I like him and you could feel the Holy Ghost in the lesson which was pretty sweet. I don't know why they keep pairing me up with Zone Leaders but it's cool.

I play soccer a lot now and it's pretty fun. I'm not as bad as I thought I was. We play Viets vs Thais and we usually lose but mostly cause they cheat. All my Indonesian and Malay friends left last week. There's this Elder from Jamaica that gives hugs at night before lights out and he's pretty cool. I've became close friends with the people here.

On Sunday the District President, President Mehr, gave a talk about his wife passing away a couple years ago and how God will comfort you when you pray. I met him when me and Serph met the other week, which by the way was really sweet. He sounds like an African now and he didn't get as dark as I thought he would. He's grown a lot in two years and I look up to him even more now. I hope I can be a missionary like him. We watched Ephraim's Rescue for movie night and I really liked it. It was pretty funny.

On Monday we had a Skype TRC with the Stake president in Thailand and it was kinda intimidating at first because what would two young missionaries who hardly speak the language be able to teach the Stake President. It went pretty well and he's an awesome person. His expressions were so funny. He told us that in November they will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Missionaries in Thailand. My teacher heard it when we were talking to him and they had a conversation in Thai and he said he was jealous. I had no clue what they were saying though. 

When we were walking back from the temple this lady in a grey truck gave some missionaries a Book of Mormon and than yelled at us "Give em Heaven Elders!" I thought it was funny. It's crazy to think I'll be leaving this spiritual bubble in two weeks but it's time. I love this work and I can't wait to preach the Gospel to the people of Thailand. Love ya and miss y'all!

Elder Decker

One of the pics is the August 3rd group and the other is the Malays and Indos that left.

No comments:

Post a Comment