November 7, 2016

Week 5

Sawadii Khap! Another week down in the MTC. Over halfway down. When i got the slip for Serph coming here I thought I had a meeting with the District President and was in trouble somehow. I didn't know until someone told me to read the first line haha. Anyways I'm excited for Thursday. Good news is we got Chick Fil A for dinner the other day. 

President Maynes came in last Tuesday and talked about Joseph Smith and the first vision, the restoration, and the translation of the Book of Mormon. Than Sunday Brother and Sister Norby bore their testimony about Christ in the Mission conference. Brother Norby was a Senior Missionary in the Belgium airport when it was bombed. He has a bunch of scars now and walks with a limp but he bore a really powerful testimony. He said when the time to perform comes the time to prepare is over. Than later that day Chad Lewis spoke to us. He was a NFL football player for 9 years who played for the Eagles and BYU. He talked about how he got hurt in the NFC Championship game and couldn't play in the Superbowl. He dreamt about playing in the Superbowl his whole life. But he wished he was still on his mission in Taiwan. Now he's the NFL ambassador to China. He showed a lot of pictures of the people there and the people he baptized and it made me want to leave for Thailand. He gave a really good talk.

We taught TRC's and this time it went pretty good. The spirit was in both lessons and we could understand them a little better. The lesson was on Revelation through reading the Scriptures. It was really cool. The lessons with the investigators are going okay. some are good some are bad. A lot of Thai words sound the same but have different tones and vowel lengths so it's gonna take some time to learn. We learned about how to say time in Thai and it's really the dumbest thing. Thailand has 24 hour time and it's seperated into watches like in the military and there's a different way to say the grammar for each one. Oh also after 6 P.M. they read 7 as 1, 8 as 2, and so on until midnight.

On Monday we had a companion swap again and I got a zone leader. He's really cool and chill and funny. His name is Elder Higginson and we taught a lesson to a "Less Active Member" who was really one of our teachers, Sister Khawmxxnooy (No clue the spelling), and she started to cry in our lesson and I didn't know what to do. She said she had to work on sundays to get money for her family and we told her that she'd be more blessed going to church than working and that taking the sacrament is really important. Than she said why are we giving up two years of our lives and not working and we told her that we were serving God and wanted to spread the Gospel that we had to everyone who didn't have it. It was probably the coolest experience I had at the MTC. 

We got released as Sacrament coordinators and my companion became a district leader. So I'm now companion to the district leader which makes me almost important haha. But I love it here it's finally cooling down. Sometimes I don't like this place though because we have to stay on campus but I only got one month left. Me and my companion are getting along really well. I'm really blessed. He's so cool and we have good chemistry in the non weird way. Like sports chemistry but in lessons instead. We also ball on the court. Anyways I love this work and love all your emails. Love y'all!

Elder Decker

I don't have any pics this week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment