November 7, 2016

Last Week of MTC!!! (week 8)

Sawaddii Khap everybody! This week was a pretty good one. We got our flight plans Friday. We're traveling for like 30 something hours. For some reason we're flying to Chicago than Hong Kong so we backtrack like 5 hours. But I'm pumped. I finally might get some good food like Mcdonalds or something.

This week has been like any other week at the MTC but it's going by slower. It rained and we all had to run to the residence halls. It's gotten really cold here. I gave a lesson in Priesthood the other day and it was cool. We also fasted because we're going to miss Fast Sunday next month. We went to go see a talk by Elder Holland called "Open Your Mouth" and it was really good. He talked about how if you don't talk to people Satan has a hold on you and about these missionaries in the Czech Republic in the 1930's and how much Preach My Gospel is different from back than. He also did some yelling. I love Elder Holland.

Monday we had a skype TRC and it was pretty cool. We taught Phii Tan and he lived in Bangkok and he was just a little older than us. He said we will probably see him in Thailand. He made us read some scriptures in Thai and I felt like a little kid trying to read Thai. But it's coming along. The Thai people are so nice and friendly. He laughed at us a couple of times because we talked like a falang and it was hard to understand him. Tones are difficult.

My time here at the MTC has taught me to recognize the Spirit and be humbled which I needed. It's felt like I've been here forever but also it went by so fast. It's weird. I got my Thai name tag and it's pretty legit. We can't wear them here. My name is pronounced Elduh Deguh. The script on it is hard to read cause the church uses a weird font. Anyways love y'all and miss y'all!

-Elduh Deguh

I don't have that many photos this week but one is of my Malay friend that hoops and the other is some M & M's someone gave me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment