November 7, 2016

Rangsit Week Something

Another week down in Thailand and still I see things I thought were not possible. The people here are so funny and the members have such strong testimonies and make so many sacrifices for the church. They live in these little small apartments with a blanket to sleep on and the floor is tile. There is a lot of people here ready to receive the Gospel but the stuff we teach them are so foreign to them. They have school on Sundays so since this is a college town a lot of people can't come to church which is frustrating. But the Lord has prepared people way before they met us. 

I'm losing so much weight here it's cool. I ate honey toast or bread this week and apparently it's a thing in America but I never had it and it's bomb. I've eaten so much rice here it's crazy I actually like rice now. The sticky rice is so good. Americans don't know how to make rice. For P-Day last week we couldn't do anything fun because it wouldn't be appropriate at this time of mourning. I don't even remember what I did. 

I have to play piano in church a lot and meetings and they want me to play piano for the primary program and those songs are so hard. They sing songs so fast here and they don't know how to follow the pace of the piano. They got frustrated with me and told me to practice a bunch cause the program is this Sunday. It's even harder cause I don't know what they're saying but the little kids can speak a little English or can read it or something. It's good though I need to use my talents. 

We talked to a lot of Less Actives meetings this week and we scheduled a meeting with a LA and an investigator with an Recent Convert who knows more about the Gospel than me and a strong member. I called the LA if he was gonna come and he said yes sir but never showed up haha. People are so nice here I'd rather them just be honest haha. We also went on a search to find a recent convert who is a semi pro soccer player and he is so goofy haha. The names are hard to write out in English. Brother Wichian is close to get baptized but whenever I call him he asks for my companion haha. I try. We've been cleaning the church cause some important people are coming but we're not invited. 

I was reading in Alma 22 the other day and it's so similar to the Bangkok Thailand mission and also other ones but a lot for Thailand because they don't even know about Jesus and that they can be forgiven for their sins through the Atonement of Jesus. The simple truths we take for granted most people don't even know about here. It's our job to teach them the things through the Holy Ghost and not assume they know something  But the Lord has been working on them throughout their lives and preparing them to receive the Gospel. This Gospel is true and I'm blessed to be serving in the Best Mission. I miss and love y'all.


Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดคเคอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

P.S. The Mountain dew here is not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment