November 7, 2016

Another Week in Rangsit

Waddii khab errybody! This week was pretty crazy. I walked through a river to get to the internet cafe. First off for P-Day we went bowling in Thailand which is actually so much fun. I never bowled that well in my life. I got some ties from thailand and started the tie business. The food here is pretty good. I ate some coagulated pig blood. It had a weird texture. I'm not dead yet so that's cool. One of the Elder's in my district had a heart in his noodles. But the food is pretty spicy here haha jk it's so spicy. They call me a baby but it really is. It's real good though the sticky rice here is soo good. I had KFC here and it was pretty good the ketchup was weird and they had some bomb spicy chicken wings. It didn't agree with me though haha.
The people here are so nice. They'll say they'll show up to your face just to be nice, or give you their number, but they won't show up or pick up. The members are so nice here. They try to help me with the langauge. A lot of the words sound the same so it's hard. But I'm trusting the Lord that he'll help me. All 6 elders share the same room so the floor is just filled with beds. The cockroaches here are huuuuggee. I only make myself breakfast the rest we eat out because it's less than a dollar it's like 30-40 baht. 
Our investigators are doing good. This 19 year old dude never picks up his phone and sleeps all the time so it's frustrating. The work has slowed down a little. We don't really know what to do based on recent events. Everyone is so sad. We have restrictions on what we can do and wear. But it's all good. The work will continue. No days off. The English class is so fun. No one can say R's haha they say L's  instead. I can't roll my R's either so it's okay for me to say that. I know English so i actually enjoyed teaching it haha. The Elders here are really cool. 
Church was so weird. I didn't know what anyone was saying. The Members try talking to me I just nod my head haha. They had this pumpkin spice curry for lunch and it was so weird. They have lunch after church which is really genius actually. 
The toilets here are so cool. They have sprayers that are so convenient. America needs to get some of those. Anyways love y'all and miss y'all!

Elder Decker​​      

No comments:

Post a Comment