November 7, 2016

Hello from Tomorrow!

Hello Everybody! I miss y'all. This week has been nuts! First off we woke up at 2:30 AM to get to the airport. Then we flew to chicago which took like 3 hours. Then we flew back across The country and to hong kong which took like 15 hours and i had the middle seat haha. The guy next to me was pretty cool. Then we flew to thailand which took like 2 hours. So it took forever to get there. And then it got sweet. I had no clue what language they were speaking. It sounded like nothing I learned. The signs were all in Thai.
We arrived at 12:45 AM and got to the hotel at like 3. The AP who was driving drove like a crazy person. Then we went through infield orientation and ate some bomb thai food. I think I'm on the Thailand Mission Facebook page idk though. Anyways we went contacting the first day and one of the police officers touched my butt to move me it was really weird and he was saying something i Thai. It's hard to contact when you don't know the language. This keyboard is weird. My trainer's name is Elder Ellis and he's from Hawaii. He speaks the language really good. He's really cool. 

Anyways I'm in Rangsit which is north of bangkok just outside the city. It's this big area that has a bunch of colleges so there's a lot of college kids here. We can't bike here cause an elder got hit by a bus. The people drive crazy here. Motorcyclists drive on the side walks and no one obeys any of the signs and one was are just a suggestion. We take taxis to get around here and the drivers are insane. We get food off the streets from people's home usually. We cross the road a lot in bridges and do contacting on the bridges. There are a lot of transgender people here. It's also so hot. I'm always sweating. The house we live in is so cool i was gonna take a picture but i forgot where i put my camera. It's bright green and there's no hot water. It's supposed to be for 4 elders but we have 6 living there right now. They're looking for a new house. The sidewalks have these big holes which have no bottom so it keeps me on my toes. I also found my camera today so i'll take pictures this week. They also have these full chickens hanging up it's pretty cool. The people here are so friendly but they don't want anything to do with the Gospel. 

The members here are so sick. There's like 100 and something members in our ward. A lot of them speak a little English so i can sorta communicate with them. There's this one recent convert who\s name is brother day and he's my favorite. He's been a member for a month but doesn't have the priesthood yet. He's read the whole bible and PMG and helps us out with Investigators. There are a lot of Less Active members here it's sad. We visted a LA named brother baam and he's like 19 and is so cool he's half my size. I've sat criss cross on the floor in so many houses and the floors are tile so my legs fall asleep. I can't say much but he asks me to bear my testimony a lot. I read like a 10 year old in Thai. We teach English classes on Tuesdays and that's one of the ways we get investigators. The fruit here is bomb. Also the soda here is bomb. The Thai people are so cool. This email is getting long so I'll save some for next week. Love y'all and miss y'all! Oh yeah the jet lag is real.

Elduh Degkuh

There's the pic of my name tag. Also the keyboard in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment