January 28, 2018

หนูเป็นผู้สอนศาสนา

Hi. 

This past week was good. Last P-Day, we went to Chonburi (Islands and beaches) again. Very fun… 

We gave a lot of blessings this week it was cool. I never blessed a one year old before. He had a fever and might have RSV. I don't know the vocabulary for it though.

We went neighborhood inviting a lot this week. We are trying to find some solid people. We met a Christian from Vietnam. He had a bunch of Vietnamese workers that couldn't speak Thai. He'll be back next month. We also met this lady who went to Salt Lake City Utah with a Baptist preacher. It was also a very hot and humid week. 

Our investigators are currently facing some challenges. We will อดทน and hopefully they will to. 

We had 2 investigators come to church this Sunday. One has gone 8 times and doesnt want to meet with us yet and the other one is a member's wife. We want to teach her but they are having problems finding time. She is always busy and they don't show up to appointments.

Sorry for this short email. I'm tired. I'm getting too old. I hit my year and a half mark on the 3 of February. 

I want to share a verse in the Book of Mormon in Moroni 8:26-27. I'm almost done reading the Book of Mormon again and I always love the book of Moroni. It's such fire book to end the Book of Mormon. It says:

25 And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins;
26 And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.

He teaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ so well and how it's all connected. After we are baptized we have faith which leads us to keep the commandments. Keeping the commandments cleanses our sins when we go to church and renew our covenants. After the remission of our sins we become humble, develop more faith in Jesus Christ and trust in God and do his will. This brings the Holy Ghost which will direct us to do good and comforts us. The Holy Ghost will fill us with hope and love which leads us to pray which in the last day we will receive eternal life. It explains it so well. I've learned so much about the Gospel on my mission but there's still so much to learn. The more I learn the more I know it's true. You can't deny the feelings you get and all the miracles you see in life because of the Gospel. It's so amazing to be part of God's work which "No cause, no force in the entire world can stop the work of God" -Thomas S. Monson. 

I love my mission and am so grateful for all the people in my life that helped me on the right path. I love you all and miss you also. Have a great week!!!

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

Pics: i'm not sure the order but it's some pictures of a couple of dogs that looks like a lion wolf, a picture of the canal, picture of pday, a big church here, and i found scooby snacks

No comments:

Post a Comment