January 9, 2018

Another One in Bankapi

Hello! A great week in Bangkapi. Last week we went to Siam Park for P-Day. It's an amusement park. Ate at Chocolate Ville.

We met with a couple of firey Christians who told us we are sinning by teaching false doctrine and are going to the opposite of heaven. It was kind of funny though. I actually don't know what church they belong to but they believe Jesus has already come.

We did a lot of house to house inviting to find some more souls. You look to see who's outside their house and talk to them through their gate. Everyone here has gates so you can't actually knock doors. We met a cool family who has a cute little 3 year old boy. They came to English Class yesterday and will go to church. 

We talked to this one guy who likes to read classic novels that I've never read and some I've never even heard of. We said there's a book that will change your life that is better than any book you've ever read and then gave him the Book of Mormon. It's pretty cool. More people should read it.

Ate Mama with Brother Joke at his house. 

I helped some members move some furniture and paint dressers. I don't know how to paint. 

This week is transfer week, which is why I'm writing today. I'm staying and my companion is heading to my old area Buriram. Elder Brinkerhoff will be my new companion. He was in the MTC with me.

It was sad hearing about President Monson passing away. He was such an awesome prophet. His talks were always good. I want to share a quote from one today from a BYU devotional. 

"The happy life is not ushered in at any age to the sound of drums and trumpets. It grows upon us year by year, little by little, until at last we realize that we have it. It is achieved in individuals, not by flights to the Moon or Mars, but by a body of work done so well that we can lift our heads with assurance and look the world in the eye. Of this be sure: You do not find the happy life—you make it" 
("Attitudes of Accomplishment," BYU devotional, May 19, 1970).

I'll let you all take what you want from this. I personally like it a lot. I know that we have a prophet of God that leads us and guides us in these latter days. He communicates to God and receives revelation that will help our families have the most happiness. I love you all and miss everyone! Have a great week!!

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์​ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment