January 21, 2018

Fwd: Muang Booran and งานเผยแผ่

Hello Family and friends and คนอื่น​ๆ. I don't know who gets these emails and if people even read them but here is another one in the inbox.
It has been a good week. A couple of our Investigators had some obstacles occur in their lives like getting a job that works on Sunday, working overtime, taking adrenaline (wouldn't recommend), and their phone breaking (I'm hoping).
This past week for P-Day we went to Muang Booran or old city. It's the biggest private outdoor museum in all of humanity. No joke. It's a big deal. It was pretty fun. Got to see more temples. Very exciting. 
Friday, I went on a switch off with Elder Bjarnson who came a transfer before me. I'm so old now. Anyways, it was fun and he's a way hard worker. I feel like this mission has the best missionaries in the world but that's just a 20 year old Elder Decker in Bangkok Thailand saying that. 
An old guy walked up to me at the mall and asked about 5 things that LDS members have to do or have. I was kinda confused. He couldn't remember the 5th one and I didn't know what he was talking about. Something about sacrifice and 3 other things. I can't remember. If any of you know it'll be cool to know. You know. He also could be some apostate member that moved to Thailand. I don't know. 
This last week we had a change to the First Presidency and Elder Dallin H. Oaks is the new First Counselor. I love Elder Oaks, his talks are the best. He speaks so straight forward. You can tell he's a former judge. I watched a video on LDS.org called Love and Law where Elder Oaks talked about loving others and God's Law or God's commandments. I'll provide the link below. You can watch it before reading if you want. 
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2016-03-0022-love-and-law?lang=eng
In life, we will know people that make decisions that aren't in harmony with God's Law. They can be family members, friends, or people we know. We all know the importance of keeping God's commandments and the consequences of not keeping them. They're pretty severe. But the reward is so much better for keeping them. Elder Oaks talks about how Latter day Saints like to insist on the law without showing love. It's important to show love with people that have gone astray. Jesus Christ showed love to those that didn't follow the commandments. We need to be more like Jesus. I love you all and miss most of you people. Have a great week!

Pics: p day

Elder Decker 
เอ็​ลเดอร์​ ​เฎฃเฆอร์
Thailand กรุงเทพฯ​ Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment