July 8, 2018

๓๐วัน

วัสดีๆ This week has been goose. We got to meet the new mission President. His name is President Hammond. He's from Idaho. He was a Institute teacher and knows the scriptures so well. His family is cool. The Spirit testified to me that he was called by God to be the next Mission President here in Thailand. I'm sad I only get to serve with him for one transfer. 

Monday, we went to a place with big rocks. It's on a mountain. Very cool. 

We taught the guy with the restaurant and he's way cool. 

I'm still alive and kicking.

At my month mark now. 31 days. So weird. ไม่เอา

This week I want to share a little thought. It's from General Conference, April 1978 by President Thomas S. Monson. It's called The Prayer of Faith. There's a little part I like in it. It says:

In that same park is a large statue of George Washington, the father of the United States and its first president. As I observed the statue, my thoughts returned to another historic place where prayer played a vital role—even Valley Forge. It was at Valley Forge that this same Washington led his badly battered, ill-fed, and scantily clad troops to winter quarters.
Today, in a quiet grove at Valley Forge, there is an heroic-sized monument to Washington. He is depicted not astride a charging horse nor overlooking a battlefield of glory, but kneeling in humble prayer, calling upon the God of Heaven for divine help. To gaze upon the statue prompts the mind to remember the oft-heard expression, "A man never stands taller than when upon his knees."
Men and women of integrity, character, and purpose have ever recognized a power higher than themselves and have sought through prayer to be guided by that power. Such has it ever been. So shall it ever be.

I love the quote "A man never stands taller than when upon his knees." It's so true. The power of prayer is true. God cares for us. He loves us. We just need to humble ourselves and get on our knees and pray. Pray always. I recomend to read the talk. It's good. I miss y'all. สันติออก


Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment