July 29, 2018

2 Years

Hello.
This Friday I'll be hitting my 2 year mark since I entered the MTC. Crazy how time flies. I'll be serving OT so I'll be back in another week. I think they did that because I needed the extra 7 days to make sure I don't come back the same.

I messed up pretty bad playing the piano this week. I was struggling playing it with both hands so I played it with one hand, struggled with that so I played the top note, and struggled with that so I played with no hands.

This week, a member we've found out about that's from Texas who we've been trying to meet with and contact for awhile stayed a night in the hotel and went to church with his wife. He's so cool. He wants us to teach his wife the lessons. They live in Chum Phae which is like an hour and a half away so we're visiting them Thursday. Texas is so cool.

It's been raining for the past 3 months nonstop. I'm surprised there's not more flooding here. But they need some prayers in Laos which is having some bad floods right now..

The family we're teaching didn't come to church on time so they'll be baptized after I leave which is sad because I wanted to see them get baptized but I'm still pumped for them because they're so awesome. Families are central to God's plan. จริงๆ

Yesterday, we brought an old branch president the sacrament, and while we were there the Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by. Good Times.

We went to Sizzler's and talked to a guy that was from Australia who got a Thai Book for missionaries from someone a couple years ago. I'm giving him my books because I don't use them anymore but he believes God is in everything which isn't too far from the truth. We are meeting with him this week which is cool. Teaching a lot of white people. Miracles at Sizzler's.

Anyways this will most likely be my last email unless I feel like it next Wednesday, but who knows. If it is, then thank you all for reading my emails, but if it's not I'm sorry you'll have another one in your inbox next week.

Anyways, anyways, I'll share this one scripture because I like scriptures. Scripture power.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

-Ether 12:27

I definitely have a testimony of this on my mission. I've seen so much of my weaknesses and have seen my weaknesses become stronger through humility, and faith in Jesus Christ.

I love you all and will see y'all next week!

Pics: Pictures of temples, no msg added, Brother Ta or Tim Tam Slam, An Arch by Central

เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Elder Decker
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment