February 21, 2018

Another One in Bangkapi

Hello Everybody and everyone! 
I'm staying another transfer in Bangkapi. My companion who just got here is leaving for the Isan. I will be getting a new missionary fresh out of the MTC. I'm excited. I'll have another child. 

This past week has been good. We had a lot of miracles finding. We were talking to these two ladies asking them if they needed help cutting down a tree which of course they said no, when another old lady walks up to us and invites us into her house and she fed us oranges and juice. She said she wants us to come back again and will read the Book of Mormon!!! It's so cool. She has a family too who will be at the lesson next time. 

We also met this christian who lived in the U.S. before and he's way down to learn with us. He's just way busy right now.
Walked by an older guy teaching a child English and asked him if he wanted more happiness in life. Turns out he's catholic and goes to a church by his house. It's really rare finding Christians so it was way cool!

We also had interviews with President Johnson. Those are always my favorite. Best mission president.
I went on a switch off with Elder McWhorter who is on his 4th transfer. He's a way good missionary and works hard. 
We gave a little 9 year old boy with cancer a blessing. It is so sad. Someone needs to find a cure for cancer. 

This week I want to share a quote by President Gordon B. Hinkley. It's a short little quote but I love it. He says "Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work." 
Prayer is so important. It will bless our lives when we take our time to sincerely pray to Heavenly Father. We should pray everyday. It is a commandment to do this. But if we just pray and not do anything it has no worth. We need more than just belief and knowledge of the Gospel. Part of having faith is action. "Faith without works is dead." It's important to pray often but it is also important to act on the promptings. To not wait for your prayers to be answer, but to actively work towards doing God's will. 
On my mission, I have prayed soooooooo much. It's been an amazing experience to focus on others and pray for the welfare of their souls. But if I just prayed to find those that God has prepared for me and don't put any effort into finding them, it most likely won't happen. You need to act on all of God's prompting and actively strive to do his will. I'm still loving this mission. Definitely the best choice I've made so far in life. It's sad to think I only have 4 transfers left. I might extend haha. I love you all and miss everyone. Have a splendid week!    

Pics: pics throughout the week, chair pic, tower, Victory Monument selfie, little fighter, took me to eat dessert

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment