December 17, 2017

วันคริสต์มาส​เกือบจะถึงแล้ว

Hello everybody. This week was very good. I love it here in Bangkapi. 

We have some way cool people here who we're teaching. Taught my first Atheist on my mission I think. We visited our blind Burmese investigator Aong and he's way awesome. He had a friend there from the same area in Myanmar. They all speak the same dialect of Burmese. 

We have been inviting in a lot of neighborhoods this past week. It's been a lot of fun. I met some people from my past area, Buriram who moved here.

On Friday, I switched off with my former companion who is now DL and in the same MTC group as me Elder Kekauoha. He's way awesome. Had a lot of fun, found a lot of new people, and ate pizza. Also fed some fish. 

Saturday was the Stake Christmas party where they had a lot of people perform and the members from Bangkapi were the best (just saying). One of our investigators, Sister Namgawdee, went and she liked it. 

She just needs work off on Sunday 😁.

Yesterday, a cool thing happened. Larry, a Philippino who me and Elder Kekauoha taught in Asoke, called me on the phone. He left for the Phillipines which I thought would be the last time I would hear from him but he's back now and he brought his family back and they want to be baptized! So cool!

It's December 18 and it still doesn't feel like Christmas and there's 7 days left. It's very interesting how there's all of these lights and Christmas decorations around but it doesn't really feel Christmasy. Well, that's what I've been thinking these past couple of days but I've realized that it's because when you're a missionary, everyday is Christmas. Your every hour is focused on Jesus Christ and spreading the Gospel to those who don't know it. The true meaning of Christmas is Jesus Christ, his birth, and his life. It's not about how many presents you get🎁, or how fancy your Christmas decorations are🎄, or Rudolph, Santa🎅, Buddy the Elf, and all the stuff that goes with that. I don't know how many times I've asked people what is Christmas and they've told me Santa Claus and presents and Christmas trees. These are the things that distract us from the true meaning of Christmas, which is our Savior Jesus Christ and his humble birth into this world. Being a missionary and especially being here in Thailand has helped me not focus on those less important things and more on why there's even a Christmas in the first place. I love the church initiative Light the World. Jesus is the light of the world. He is the perfect example. He is the what and the why of missionary work. Once he becomes the center of our lives, everything else will fall into place. I just want to encourage you all to remember the Savior during the most wonderful time of the year. I love you all and miss everyone sometimes. Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

Pics: Some pictures that didnt get sent last week, ​​​​​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment