August 20, 2017

50 Baht

Sawasdi Crap. Another awesome week. Last P-Day we went P-daying with some members from Asoke. We visited some Temples. They made me pay 50 Baht because I am white but it's only 10 for Thai people. I almost got them to think I was Thai but my Thai isn't good enough yet. Next time. 

Tuesday we went to the military base again and we rode around in a hummer. It was pretty dope. Did some service for a member that doesn't come to church anymore because they have no friends but the church in Ayutthaya is mostly older ladies haha. Moved some cabinets for him. Broke my back. Wednesday we visited the old branch president who is very salty man. Thursday I went on a switch of with the ZL's in Don Muang and invited all day. We also taught English to two people that day. 

Friday we had Zone Conference. It was pretty good. I didn't bring my notes so I don't really remember but I learned I need to use activities more to help my investigators out with getting comfortable with the members. We played some minute to win it games after and ate ice cream. 

Saturday, we met this couple who the wife is from Norway and the husband is from Thailand and they have a half thai half white kid who is like 3. The wife wants her husband to become Christian. She's Baptist. They'll both be baptized but he's very Buddhist. It'll be way fun. I've noticed there's a lot of Buddhist temples here in Ayutthaya. 

Sunday we had Brother Bom and Sister Fluke at church.

There was a Baptism after church for the branch President's daughter so it was good for them to see. They're both way cool. 

We rented Brother Ninja a car to go to Bangkok for the Priesthood Meeting there. He's working all the time and hasn't been to church since he was confirmed a couple of months ago. He has no money and his boss didn't pay him in full so he's trying to find other work. We got him to go the Priesthood meeting and we're gonna visit his house which is way out there. But yeah the week was good.

This week I want to share a scripture in Alma 3:26-27

26 And in one year were thousands and tens of thousands of souls sent to the eternal world, that they might reap their rewards according to their works, whether they were good or whether they were bad, to reap eternal happiness or eternal misery, according to the spirit which they listed to obey, whether it be a good spirit or a bad one.
27 For every man receiveth wages of him whom he listeth to obey, and this according to the words of the spirit of prophecy; therefore let it be according to the truth.

Just some scriptures I never noticed before. It was after the big war with the Lamanites and Nephites. They will all be judged according to their works. Our actions on this earth are very important. We should always be striving to be the best we can be and good examples. We can either reap eternal happiness or eternal misery. Eternal Happiness sounds a lot better than eternal misery. I would take the first one. What we need to do is obey the prophets and apostles of these days and to follow the commandments of God. This is the only way of happiness. There is no other way. I love you all and miss you all!!!!!!!! Jurgans

Pictures: Some pictures of members from Asoke and pictures of a Temple and Jaediis. The last one is Four Wheel and Ivy. Ivy is half black half thai. Four Wheel is a boss (He is 4 and has cancer but is the happiest kid and always smiling.)

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment