August 6, 2017

1 Year

Sawasdii Jaaw Everyone. This week went by so fast. I hit my one year mark like last Wednesday or Thursday I cant remember. It's crazy to think that one year ago, I was in the MTC. Time just flies by. I've changed so much since that first day, and do not want to go back to where I was before. That would be a waste of my time that I spent in service of God and his children. I can't deny the feelings and experiences that the Holy Ghost has testified to me since I've been a missionary. This is God's work and I'm just an instrument in his hand. It has been the best year of my life, and I'm so happy to be here in Thailand doing this marvelous work.

This week, we found some new investigators to help this Branch grow into a Ward. The Branch President here is awesome. He's always free to help us out. It's way different from my last area. We contact a lot more because there's less people here. It's way good. Last Tuesday, we went to the Military Base and taught a bunch of soldiers English. It was so cool. We got them to do the Hokey Pokey haha. The commander of the base came in and talked to us. Wednesday, a lot of people missed their appointments with us. Not very awesome. Ate dinner at an Italian Bistro- who the owner is the LA Second Counselor.
Our Branch Mission Leader keeps on going to other churches for some reason. I had to tell him we don't do that. 

Met this lady named Sister Leg. She's kinda different but like she wants to learn about God and English. She's seventh day Adventist, so it's way fun. A lot of members and investigators here live far away so we have to ask members for rides which I haven't done my whole mission. The members here are awesome. We almost got stuck in a flood so that was exciting. A lot of areas in Thailand are getting some way bad flooding we're hoping it doesn't come this way. Wards are having sacrament at Missionaries houses. I don't want anyone at my house. But yeah way exciting week. It's so hot here.

This week for personal study, I was studying for scriptures about families and in Ether 6:5-7 I cam across a story that can relate. It is as follows:

5 And it came to pass that the Lord God caused that there should be a furious wind blow upon the face of the waters,towards the promised land; and thus they were tossed upon the waves of the sea before the wind.
6 And it came to pass that they were many times buried in the depths of the sea, because of the mountain waves which broke upon them, and also the great and terrible tempests which were caused by the fierceness of the wind.
7 And it came to pass that when they were buried in the deep there was no water that could hurt them, their vessels being tight like unto a dish, and also they were tight like unto the ark of Noah; therefore when they were encompassed about by many waters they did cry unto the Lord, and he did bring them forth again upon the top of the waters. 

It's the story of when the Jaredites left their land and headed to the promised land in barges. They had to rely on the Lord to get their safely. When they sunk into the water, they cried unto the lord and he brought them out again. These days, there are lots of things that Satan is throwing at us to hurt the family. The family is such an important part of God's plan, that Satan is trying his hardest to destroy family values and unity by throwing temptation and unrighteous thoughts at us. If we cry unto the Lord for help, in our families, he will help us through these tough times that lay ahead. He will pull us out of the depths of the sea, into the light again. We just have to trust in the Lord. I have a saying on my Missionary Planner that says, "No cause, no force in the entire world, can stop the work of God." It was said by Thomas S. Monson. You can't stop the work of God. It's gonna keep on going no matter what Satan tries to do. God loves us and he loves his children. His work and his glory is to bring us back to live with him, so he wouldn't set us up to fail. I know God loves each and every one of us and knows the best way to help us. We just need to humble ourselves, and ask of God, to help us through the bad days and even the good days. I know this his work and I'm happy to be a part of it. I love you all! Have a good week!

Pics: Sorry I forgot to take pics. We just cleaned the house last P-Day. It's pictures of us biking and my planners for my first year.


Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment