July 30, 2017

Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya

สวัสดีครับ. It's Elder Colby again.

This last week has been way good. Transfer week was crazy. I had to take care of a bunch of Greenies and help them contact people. It was way fun. It's funny thinking that was me 10 months ago. I still can't speak Thai but people don't cringe every time i speak now so it's definitely blessings from heaven. But yeah transfers were crazy. 

In 3 days I hit my year mark. It's gone by so fast. I'm almost at the top of the mountain and it's all downhill from there. Hopefully it doesn't go too fast it's been way awesome being a missionary. 

Two Sundays ago, Sister Dam came to church on time so she got baptized. She's way awesome. Serving in Asoke was fun but it was time for me to go to another area and find some more souls to learn the truth. So I moved to a province north of Bangkok called Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya or just Ayutthaya and it's way cool. It was the old capital of Thailand a while back. There's less people but it's so cool. A lot of Buddhist Temples every where. I get to ride my bike again everywhere. The members here are so cool. Last Sunday I gave a talk in church about Missionary Work in the Family. I got notified the night before hour before 10:30 haha. It went well though no one left the room.

So this week, I studied in Mosiah 18 verses 8-10 and it says
8 And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another's burdens, that they may be light;
9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—
10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?

These scriptures really explains what we need to do after we are baptized. We need to keep his commandments always, so that we can have his spirit to be with us. We need to comfort those who need to comfort and stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places. We need to be good examples to others wherever we may be and to share his gospel with others. It's a very important work. Sharing the Gospel with others should be natural not a weird thing. Don't be afraid to stand for your beliefs and testify that Christ lives and that his church has been restored on this earth again. I love you all and miss everyone! Have a good week!

Pictures: a member made me a keychain as my going away gift, eating dinner at a couple of Senior Missionaries houses before i left, and pictures of Sister Dam's baptism.

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment