July 7, 2017

Fwd: Go Pro Take a Photo

From: Colby John Decker <colby.decker@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Go Pro Take a Photo
Date: July 7, 2017 at 7:45:40 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <Robinlynnd@gmail.com>

Hello Everyone! Another awesome week down in Thailand. It's been a lot of fun here in Asoke this past week. A lot of traveling. Lots of late nights and early mornings. But it's a whole lot of fun.

So this past Saturday we went to Chonburi for P-Day as a district. It was awesome. We left early in the morning and rented a van to take us there. The van had lights and everything. We went to an Island and it was really beautiful. I took some pics cause that's what เที่ยวing is for. Lots of fun.

Sunday, we met this guy named Thomas from Germany and he's really cool. He likes to talk a lot. He's really cool though.

Monday, we had zone conference in northern Bangkok. It was fun. I'm getting really good at the presentation now. We had family night with Brother Ronnie (Ward Mission Leader) and some investigators and new members. We went to eat at KFC haha.

Tuesday, I had a little mini switch off with Elder Smith. He's dying this transfer as an AP. He's cool. Taught English class. Very fun.

Wednesday, We flew out to Roi-Et on a propeller plane. It was really cool. I've never flew in one before. I didn't know they still had those. 

Thursday, We had Zone Conference in Roi-Et and met Brother Baw. He's so funny. He took us out to eat. We were taking a picture with a Go Pro and he tried to tell it to take a photo a lot of times in his Thai accent and it didn't work. So one of us did it and it worked right away. But he's such a cool member. Really nice and humble guy. 

This Sunday, Sister Aom is going to be baptized which is so cool! She's really awesome and Sister Dam (Yes it is her name) is getting interview to be baptized today so I've been real blessed to be able to see all these miracles since I've been a missionary. Sister Dam called us and asked to learn with us which no one has ever called me asking to learn. It shows that God is putting us in paths to find those that are searching for the truth.

So this week, I just want to leave a little verse that I really like and it's in Enos. 
It's Enos 1:2 and it says:
2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.

I love how he says wrestle in this. It's not an easy thing repenting. It's very hard thing to do but with God's help, and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed from our sins. As I've said in my past emails, people here don't know they can be cleansed from their sins. They think that they just have to do more good than bad. They still keep the sins and can't wash them away. That's why teaching about the Atonement of Jesus Christ is such a cool experience. You can see the Atonement of Jesus Christ changing their lives. 
In verse 4 and 5 it says:
5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.
6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

God will forgive us if we repent with sincerity. We won't have that guilt anymore. Repentance is such a beautiful thing and we can do it everyday. I am blessed to know that Heavenly Father loves us and he wants us to be happy. He's provided a way through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know this Gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the World. I love and miss you all and hope you all have a good week!

Some pics of our adventure to Chonburi


Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment