July 23, 2017

North and Hmong Carts

Hi. This week was good. We just finished our last zone conference today which was so much fun. It's been a lot of fun going around helping missionaries become better. Being in the office has helped me understand the structure of things that the mission needs to do. The Senior Companions here have been having us over for dinner so I've been eating really good and getting fat. It's not good. Other news is that I'll be leaving the office this next week. I don't know yet where I'll be going so that will be next email. Met some more cool people this week. Always finding new investigators here in Asoke which is weird because we walk the same way every day and missionaries have been here for 50 years. It's fun finding those that are prepared to receive the truth.

This past week we had the opportunity to go to the North of Thailand to the province of Chiang Mai which is right next to Myanmar and China. It's a lot more green and cooler. Also a lot of mountains i believe they're part of the Himalayas but I could be wrong. It's way different than my other areas. They speak a different dialect of Thai so I picked up a couple of words. We spent a P-Day up there and we went to a mountain where a bunch of Hmong people live. They are called Acka I think I can't remember and we rode a little Hmong cart down the mountain which wasn't that long and was really safe. I'll attach some pictures. We also went to this Golden Temple that was really pretty. It was on a mountain. It's called Doi Suthep. It's very interesting seeing a way different culture from Merica. I'm starting to forget it and approaching my year mark soon. It doesn't feel like I've been out that long but also feels like I've been out forever. I don't know how to explain it. Thailand is the best mission and I'm blessed to be here. 

So for the little spiritual thought I've been trying to put in my emails each week, will be in John 15 verses 9-13.It says

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

These are some of my favorite verses also probably my favorite chapter in the New Testament. It's talking about following the commandments. If we follow Heavenly Father's commandments we are showing our love for him. Jesus is promising us that we will have joy when we keep his commandments. Joy is a greater feeling than happiness. It's something that you can feel by obeying God's Commandments, and feeling of his indescribable love that he has for his children. We need to love God by loving others. We are his greatest creation. Everyone has flaws and weaknesses, but through the atonement of Jesus Christ, weaknesses can become strengths and we can overcome these obstacles. I love verse 13 where it says "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." 

It's so cool. He's calling us his friends. Jesus Christ is not only our Savior and Redeemer but also our friend. It's my love for Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my brothers and sisters here on this earth that are searching for happiness that gets me out of my bed every morning at 6:30 a.m. 

I hope you all have another superb week. I love y'all and miss you ด้วย!

Pictures: Some pictures of the trip to Chiang Mai, and in Chiang Mai there's an American Restaurant that makes Ruebens!

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment