January 31, 2017

Fwd: herro


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Colby John Decker <colby.decker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: herro
To: Robin Decker <robinlynnd@gmail.com>


Hello Mother!!! How are you? My week has been really good. We have a new missionary schedule it's pretty cool. I'm feeling good. My stomach is better i'm getting used to food. I like rice. I eat it plain sometimes. It's weird I just realized that. My companion is cool. I'm leaving in a week though. I want to share this sacred experience with you that happened this week that I wont put in my letter because it's really dear to me. So I was on a switch off with Elder Blad the district leader, and we were going to a baptismal interview for one of my investigators Ankhan. So we get there and Brother tea is there who got baptized on Christmas. We sat down together after the other two went off to do the interview so I had some one on one with him. So I decided to open up the scriptures to Mosiah 28:3 (which I love right now) and talked about missionary work. Little background on Tea he's a cambodian who is here for work. He got baptized in another church and loves jesus and we were an answer to his prayers because he was looking for a church to go to and we asked him if he wanted to go to church. So we're talking about missionary work and he's pretty much a missionary because he tells people he's christian and he works from 1pm-2 in the morning because he wants to show his boss christians are good people. He's most humble cute little guy that I have ever met and probably ever will meet. He gives the little food he has to little children. So I was talking about how we share the gospel in order to give happiness to other people and he's already doing that and he just started to open up. He said when he came here he had no job, no money, nothing and was asking people to work for just food and they wouldn't give it to him. Than he started to cry and talk about how he had to eat out of the trash can to get food and it made me cry. He said what brought him happiness in that time was God and the Bible he carries around with him cause that was all he had. I bore my testimony about something I can't remember but I've never felt the spirit so strongly. It also made me reevaluate myself and try to be a better person. I love this mission and the joy it's bringing to me right now even though it's so hard. I wanted to share this with you because I felt like you needed it right now but you can share it to whoever you like. I love you and miss you Mom!!! You're the best!  

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดคเคอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment