June 27, 2018

My Last Transfer

HELLO EVERYONE! I'll be dying in Khon Kaen and training for my last transfer. My current companion will be going to Sisaket with my former companion Elder Brinkerhoff. It's crazy to think that I only got 6 weeks left and this is my last transfer and Companion.

What happened this week:
Sister Pam from my last Area who dreamt of Jesus got baptized! Yaaaay!
After visiting this potential Investigator's house 3 times he decided to let us in. He is way cool. He's a former cop. He has very strong opinions about law enforcement here and in America. He loves reading and will read the book of mormon!
After that we found some drunk people who said hello to us when we were biking by so we decided to talk to them. They were way funny. Said we could eat at his restaurant anytime.
We helped one of the recent convert's son move some rocks to the back of his house and got a tree off the roof.
I taught institute again.
Thursday night, we flew to Bangkok for the People Going Home Next Transfer Meeting. We stayed at the AP's house with 20 other elders haha.
Friday we had the meeting where I met all of my MTC group which was fun. President and Sister Johnson talked to us about life after the mission and about setting goals and plans. It was way scary knowing how fast time is moving. I still feel like a greenie. Rode a long bus home.
Huge rainstorms this past week. We had a record high 48 people at church.
Met an investigator who was an investigator 20 years ago. He also is an electrical engineer so I talked to him about his job. He doesn't like it haha.
We visited the drunk guy with the restaurant again and talked to his friends and one of them knew the missionary band that was around like 30 years ago. Very cool.
จบ
I'm running out of these thoughts things but I like conference talks, so here's another. It's called Mountains to Climb by President Henry B Eyring in the April 2012 General Conference. He talked about how he prayed to God for trials and he experienced the hardest trials he has ever faced. Later, he reflected and he thought it wasn't the right time to ask for that. But there's a part in the talk I want to share. It says:

If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord's service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word.

We'll all experience hardships, trials, and obstacles in life. Through the Gospel and the Holy Ghost, Heavenly Father will guide us through them. We have angels all around us supporting us through these tough times. We just need to have faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement. God loves us and wants what is best for us. He'll put us through the refiner's fire in order to prepare us for the next life. Keep on moving forward. Press on. And remember that God is with us always when we are keeping his commandments and following Christ's example. He will not lead us astray. We need to trust in him and all things will be alright.

I miss you all! Have a great week!

Pics: me going home (Bangkok), district chair pic (one chair), Mtc group, Sister Pam's Baptism, my ferarri

No comments:

Post a Comment