October 22, 2017

Hello. It's me.

Hi fam, friends, and other people who get my emails who are probably my friends too. It was a short week this week. It's flooding in Ayutthaya but luckily not our house! It's been raining heavily and the canals are rising. It's supposed to be the end of rainy season but it's definitely not. It's a week until my birthday too. Way weird. It felt like it wasn't that long since my last one. แปลก. But it was another great week.

Last Wednesday, we had a party for Sister Tuk who ended her mission. Gave some balloons I got for my birthday to Four Wheel who had his 7th birthday. He was pumped.

Thursday, I met someone who's been Baptist since birth which is a rare find in Ayutthaya.

Friday, some homies from English class played basketball with us. I had to wear an ankle brace but I was still balling.

Saturday, everyone canceled their appointments with us. But we met Brother Mong who is awesome. He'd be such an awesome member. His thoughts about the gospel and his views are spot on. He just doesn't like the idea of a lot of people and church haha. He's way dope. Good guy.

Sunday, had church. Church is cool. I like it a lot. It makes me happy. I wish other people would feel the same way. Church is a good thang. It was also the primary program and I almost had to play in the Primary program again but I got saved. There is two kids in the Primary. We went to a park to invite and we parked our bikes, I looked to the left and there's a guy chilling in a van. Talked to him about Jesus and he thought I was half Thai. It made me happy that I don't sound like a white American anymore. I'm a half white American. Even better. It'll help me with my college applications 👍. Visited a Sister with Lou Gehrig's disease. She's doing much better. Way cool family. The husband is so awesome right now. Happy man.

So for this week, I want to share a little bit in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 3:19 that says:

19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child,submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

Watching the primary programs and hearing the little kids say stuff like "I love God" "I will obey Him" was way awesome. We all need to like a child and willing to obey our Father in Heaven. In the scripture it relates our earthly father to our Heavenly Father. On earth, a child will obey his father because he knows more than the child. The same goes with Heavenly Father except he knows everything. We need to submit to the will of Heavenly Father and trust that what he wants us to do is best. He knows what is best for us. We just need to humble ourselves, be filled with love, and be like a child. 

I love you all and miss everyone. Until next time...

Pics: Some pics of the church's backyard, pic of the big jaedee that I see everyday, little park by sister Brajob's house

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment