October 1, 2017

1 Year in the Land of Thais

Good Morning everyone! This week was pretty awesome. Tomorrow I hit my one year mark in Thailand. It's still crazy to think it was that long ago but also it flew by way fast but also long. I don't know. It's been the best 14 months of my life and I wouldn't of imagined doing anything else. The experiences, miracles, and the people you meet couldn't be exchanged for anything. I also am in the best mission. It's literally in the name TBM Thailand Bangkok Mission, The Best Mission, The Best Missionaries, Temple Building Missionaries. I'm so excited for the temple here in Thailand. I miss going to the temple so much. It might be a little while before we get one here. But in the meantime we're gonna save souls. The church is true no matter where you go.

Last Monday for P-Day we went to The King's Palace in Bang Ba In. It was way cool and big. It's a way pretty area. It would be a nice home. It's like a mixture of cultures. It's pretty cool. I had to buy some chinese pants cause I forgot to wear pants to it. 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Johnson. He's honestly the best mission president. There's no one close to him. He's such an awesome guy. The area he has to cover is so big and a lot of missionaries to take care of. I don't know how he does it. 

Wednesday we visited Sister Nang and Sister May way far away. They are investigators that are from the Isan. They accepted a baptismal date but their problem is they said that bringing their kids to church would be sin. I thought it was pretty funny. It's so true haha just kidding. They're way cool though. 

Thursday, we met Sister May who is going to go to England for a Foreign Exchange student thing for a month. Met this old guy named Jian who actually is 75 but looks like he's 60. He's pretty buff. At night we headed over to Bangkhen to stay the night for Zone Conference.

Friday we had Zone Conference. It was way good. I always love getting some inspiration and direction from the people called by God to lead. It's way cool. Talked about the Book of Mormon and the power it has in people's lives. That's what I'll talk about in a minute. Not there yet. 

Sunday, church was good. We were asked to teach the youth for some reason. I don't know. But it was cool. Reminded me of teaching the 11 year olds haha. Just kidding they are good here. Met some catholic guy who said he has been catholic from birth but he was so drunk. It was pretty funny. He kept on calling me John cause he thought I was one of the twelve apostles. I'm happy that he thought I was John. John's my favorite. We'll talk to him when he's less drunk though. Visited Sister Brajob who is suffering from Lou Gerig's disease (I dont know how to spell it. I can't do English anymore) She's doing way better. Three kids from the street came in and sat in when we gave them Sacrament. It was cool. Kids are so dope sometimes.

This week I want to share a couple verses from the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It's in Alma 34 which is just a fire chapter. In verse 37-38 it says:

37 And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should work out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.

The whole chapter has a bunch of good verses but today I'll only talk about these two because right now I feel really blessed. I'm blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm blessed to have the knowledge that my family can live forever. I'm blessed to be serving a mission, bringing people the truth and experiencing all these miracles. I'm blessed to be able to be born in a time where I can take part in this glorious work. I'm blessed that I have the Book of Mormon, the only book God said was true, at my disposal. This work is God's work. The Book of Mormon is evidence of God's love for us. I'm in a spirit of thanksgiving with all these blessings the Lord has bestowed on me. Looking for the blessings is something we all can do in life. Keep track of the blessings that you have and you'll realize how blessed you actually are. God blesses those who keep his commandments. I love you all and miss everyone. Hope everyone has a good week and remember those who are in need of your prayers!!!

Pics: A cool statue thing, cool building, the views from the tower in the middle, A Christian Church turned into a Buddhist Temple, inviting pic, I had to buy these pants to wear in the Palace

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment