September 11, 2017

I'm a Father

From: Colby John Decker <colby.decker@myldsmail.net>

Hello Everybody! Really good week. 

Last Wednesday, I stayed in Rangsit again for the night. It was cool going back to the house I was born into. Except the A/C was broken haha. 

Thursday I went to the Trainer's meeting to get my new Greenie. His name is Elder Byers from Orem, Utah. He's way cool. Speaks Thai better than I did when I was a greenie. We needed some greenie fire in this area. 

For last P-Day we went to this place called Iron Village. It's just a bunch of sculptures made out of iron. It's pretty dope. Did a lot of inviting this last week because no one answers their phones. Met this guy who got his clothes stolen and was just in his shorts. Taught him how to pray and he gave an awesome prayer.. He's way cool. I told him if he came to church I would give him a shirt. 

Met this other guy who had a black eye and was drunk. Started rolling a blunt in front of us. It was pretty funny. His friend came and told him stop being a drunk than left. He was just sitting outside by a Temple. It was funny. I got his number and we're gonna help him stop drinking. Cool week. 

Yesterday after church, Sister Larson had a feeling to visit Brother Aek, who is less active, and his family and we went to his house and his Restaurant was closed. She told me to call a member and ask if his wife had the baby yet. I was told probably not and than a couple minutes later I got a call back saying yes, the baby was born today at 3. It was way cool. The Holy Ghost is so awesome. Just a cool experience I wanted to share.

Today I want to share another talk with y'all. The talk is Yes, Lord, I Will Follow Thee by Elder Eduardo Gavarett from October 2014 General Conference. There's a little part on it that I like that says

"Enoch was called to preach the gospel to a difficult, hard-hearted people. He did not feel qualified. He had doubts about whether he could do it. The Lord calmed his doubts and strengthened his faith through the invitation "Walk with me"—an invitation that, like a blind man's cane or a friend's arm, can guide the footsteps of one whose step is not sure. By taking the Savior's arm and walking with Him, Enoch found that his step became firm and he became a great missionary and a prophet.
The decision to "come unto me" and "follow me" is personal. When we accept this invitation, our level of commitment is raised, and it is then that we can "walk with Him." This level establishes a closer relationship with the Savior—the fruit of our accepting the first invitation."

I love this part in the talk. Life is hard. It gets rough. Sometimes we feel we're not good enough and we get disheartened. When time gets rough or when we don't know what to do, we need to turn to the Savior and he will help lift our burdens. By trusting and following him we can make it through the most difficult times. We all need to come unto Christ and follow him. Through this we will have the most happiness and we will be directed for good in our lives. I know that my Savior lives and he loves me and he loves everyone here on this earth. I'm happy to be part of this great work in harvesting souls to help guide them on their journey back home. I love you all and miss everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics: Pictures of the little statues or whatever you call them that is in the village

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment