September 5, 2017

I Went to Jail

Hello everybody!
President has decided to trust me with a child. I'm so excited. I pick him up tomorrow. It was a real good transfer. A lot of miracles. Start of a new transfer. Last, last Monday we went to a waterfall in Saraburi for P-Day. It was pretty cool. Helped me realize I'm in Thailand. 

Tuesday we had interviews with President. I went to my birthplace Rangsit and it brought back good memories. I switched off with Elder Brinkerhoff last Wednesday who is from my group. All our appointments canceled so we did a lot of inviting. Found some cool people. 

Thursday I interviewed my first investigator for baptism which was cool. Very spiritual experience. 

Friday I went to jail. For like 3 hours. We went to go visit a member that we have been searching for. We can't give him a Book of Mormon. We had to speak to him through the vent because the phone wasn't working. You take a number and have to wait to go visit. It's kinda like the DMV. We went to visit a members house in the middle of nowhere. Her neighborhood is way flooded so you have to take a boat to her house. It was pretty cool. 

Saturday, we went to visit an LA in the morning because we felt impressed to do it but he's never home. Turned out he was home and we sat down with him and talked with him. After that we went to look for a potential investigator that me and Elder Brinkerhoff found on our switch off and it literally was cool how we found it. It's this little street north of the city where you go all the way down and there's an apartment. I guessed it was on the 2nd floor first door on the right and she was there so it was definitely God helping us find her. She's from the Isan and takes care of kids with 2 other people who all joined in on the lesson. They started throwing stuff in the middle and the kids were going crazy but it was still a good lesson.

Sunday, The LA we visited came to church and Brother Saree and his GF came too, so it's way cool. Brother Saree is Islamic but doing Buddhist stuff. It's interesting. But it was way cool they came. 

Personal Study has been way good this week. I started to read old general conference talks to prepare for Conference coming up. I was reading Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence by By Elder Jörg Klebingat in the April 2013 General Conference. It was very good even the first paragraph was awesome. It says:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your spiritual confidence before God? Do you have a personal witness that your current offering as a Latter-day Saint is sufficient to inherit eternal life? Can you say within yourself that Heavenly Father is pleased with you? What thoughts come to mind if you had a personal interview with your Savior one minute from now? Would sins, regrets, and shortcomings dominate your self-image, or would you simply experience joyful anticipation? Would you meet or avoid His gaze? Would you linger by the door or confidently walk up to Him?

It really made me think about how if that situation were to happen, if I was to interview with the Savior, which side would I be on. You never know what day on Earth will be the last one here. We should always be striving to be better. It's good to evaluate where you are spiritually. There is always room to improve and we should always be making goals to improve ourselves spiritually. If we aren't happy, we need to stop, and be happy. If you're not happy cause you're not keeping the commandments, stop, repent, and be happy. It might take a little more than that but we all have power over our own happiness. No one else can take that away. The grass is always greener on the other side. Life is so much better if we're looking for happiness in the present and not looking for the future for happiness. Let yourselves be happy. Stop being sad. It's no fun. Another quote from that talk is when it says "Choosing something bad over something worse is still choosing wrong." Sin is still sin. Period. Love you all. Sorry I'm all over the place today. Hope you all have a good week. 

Pics: Our district chair pic of how many transfers left. I used to be way up there. Some elephant statue things we found inviting, Thai Hospital Wheelchairs, and this random guy made us a shrimp out of straw.

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment