November 23, 2017

Lain

Hello everyone. This was a good week. We had the opportunity to bless a nonmember baby. The parent wanted us to bless the little 8 day old baby but I wasn't sure if we could hold it, but it was a cute little half thai half american baby.

Taught the military english this week again. The Sisters here went to help too and the Privates paid a lot more attention haha. 

We sold our oven that had the dead rat inside. 

It rained a ton on us when we were biking and we got soaked. Never been that soaked before. So much wain lain and rain. 

Brother Saree is going to the south to get married in new years. He still hasn't quit smoking and drinking and his wife isn't too supportive of it but I gave him some Extra gum I got from my birthday package so we're praying he'll stop. He didn't understand what Extra was though. I asked me why gum was called extra and I had no answer. I told him I will go research and come back with an answer. Some things I learn on my mission and questions that I've never thought of before. 

We went to go find people by the St. Joseph Church the other day and we crossed the bridge that heads over to that part and we realized we were in the wrong part of town haha. It was the Muslim part of town and everyone was just staring at us. It was fun though. Didn't ever find the church though. Found a lot of Mosques. 

We had stake conference and someone from Hong Kong came down and made it so the members didn't have to go to Bangkok for it by having a video conference. It was pretty dope. We still had to go down for Interviews with the Mission President. Also, Elder David F. Evans said that President Johnson was the best Mission President he's ever been around and he's been around over 100s of them . I already knew this but he was just confirming what I already knew. 

This week I want to talk about  my favorite verse I read this week in Personal Study. In 3 Nephi 5:13
13 Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

It is way cool knowing that I have been called by a prophet to serve God and his children in Thailand. The purpose or the end goal for everyone is everlasting life with our families in heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That is the reason we have to declare his word. We are all disciples of Jesus Christ and have a responsibility to share this message of everlasting life with everyone when God gives us the opportunity. This message does change people's lives for the better and helps them progress towards eternal happiness. I know that Jesus Christ is the way and the light and when we follow him and his teachings, we will return to live with God again. I love you all and miss everyone. Have a fabulous week!

Pics: the little baby, fish with a big head, we were trying to locate the rat, some very good food, a spider in our house, and a hia (water monitor lizard).

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment