June 23, 2017

Week 2 Transfer 7

Hello Everyone. 

The days have been flying by. I'm almost at my year mark and I still can't speak the language haha. But these days have been good ones in the office here in Asoke. We got lost a lot of times last week driving here but Heavenly Father has his hand in these things and I always find a way home. It really was finding through the spirit. The streets aren't that well organized so it's difficult finding places here. 

I have a new companion Elder Hatch who is from Nampa, Idaho. We had to take all the dying missionaries to the airport. It was cool. And we took all the vans to get a recalled part.

We had Zone Conference the other day and the Office Elders had to prepare a presentation about Baptismal Records and House money because people aren't doing their baptismal records right and sending them in late. It was very interesting presentation haha. I love speaking in front of big groups of people. Hahaha.

We went to the gym for P-Day and did the free trail thing and this huge asian guy on steroids took us on a tour and tried to sell us this expensive membership. It was pretty funny and the gym was really nice but that gym just isn't for me.

This week, we found a lot of cool new investigators. One of them is named Sister Aom. She is a christian sort of and she is really cool. She is so interested and accepted a date for the 2nd of july. This guy named Frank which I found when I was carrying a box of Books of Mormon came and brought 2 of his friends (Guy and Jem) who are really interested to. They actually asked questions. They're studying at a university here about being a doctor. 

We brought our little Burmese friend, Noy, to Stake Conference and back. He's so cool always asks when he's going to get baptized. So sad but God will find a way for him to be baptized whether in my time here or after. We have an investigator named Milk who does all of the commitments, but feels nothing from it. We even taught about the Holy Ghost and stuff and she still doesn't feel anything. But she's cool and plays basketball, so she'll be baptized for sure. Jean or Yean, is getting baptized today and she wants to be a missionary already. She was so prepared to learn about Jesus Christ and his Restored church. Also, my little 11 year old investigator from Buriram got baptized. He's so cool.

This week I was studying in Mathew Chapter 16 verses 13-18. It says:

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I love these verses. It talks about Peter knowing that Jesus is the Son of God by faith not by him actually being there. Just because you see something doesn't mean you will have faith in it. Faith in Jesus Christ is more than just knowledge. You have to have action too or it's just useless. If you have a lot of good thoughts and say a lot of good things but don't ever do it, it has no benefit. Faith in Jesus Christ is more than just knowing that he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. It's about trying to be more like him and following his teachings. We need to follow his example and follow his teachings. We all need to strive to be more Christlike in our lives. I know that by doing so, we will have the most happiness in our lives and will be able to return to live with him again. 

Love y'all and miss everyone! ขอให้มีสัปดาห์ที่ดี

Pics: Brother Moss who baptized my buddy from Buriram, Some pics of Asoke, action shot of me bowling, the subway, and the Bangkok Transportation System (BTS)


Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission














No comments:

Post a Comment