April 26, 2017

Fwd: Zone Conference

Begin forwarded message:

From: Colby John Decker <colby.decker@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Zone Conference
Date: April 25, 2017 at 10:09:52 PM PDT
To: Robin Decker <Robinlynnd@gmail.com>

สวัสดีตอนบ่าย! Happy Tuesday and welcome to my email. This week has been a really good week apart from Family Home Evening. We got a lot of referrals from this fire member right now who is a High Councilor in the Stake. It was funny because he just walked around and was like "this guy is interested" and we got his number and kept on walking and getting numbers. It was pretty cool. We have to be out of the house by 8:30 either inviting or teaching so it gives us opportunity to meet new people and experience new experiences. One of these experiences was we were in a village inviting before an appointment and I had a feeling to take a left down this street and I saw there was no one on it, so I was like maybe we should turn back but just then a guy popped out of the trees with a machete and mangoes in his hand so I thought this was the guy. He had a Baht in his ear for safe keeping and I started talking to him. He then asked me if I wanted a mango and I said I'm good. He then was like I guess you're gonna give me a card now and I was like yep and gave him a Jesus inviting card. I thought it was pretty funny and made my day.

We had a lot of Potential Investigators cancel their appointments so it's been kind of frustrating. We haven't had a new investigator in a long time. It's testing my faith right now but I know eventually we'll find some of God's children who's been prepared to receive the Gospel. We went looking for homes of people who have gone less active and couldn't find them. It's hard finding places in Thailand. But we did find an old guy who knows who Donald Trump is. 

Last Sunday, we had a lot of people who don't usually come to church come to sacrament. It was really cool because the YSA in the ward are going around visiting people who haven't come in awhile and it's starting a fire here in Buriram it's great. I even got to see my favorite 9 year who taught me how to play rock paper scissors.

After church we took a 3 1/2 hour train ride to Ubon for Zone Conference and interviews. It was fun. For Zone Conference we talked about being converted to the Gospel and how to help our investigators become more converted to the Gospel. Just because you're active in the church doesn't mean you're active in the Gospel. You have to be living what you're teaching. Then we talked about teaching really simply in a way that they can't misunderstand and we focused on the Plan of Salvation. Elder Dallin H. Oaks said that you should extend the invitation of baptism when you're teaching about the Plan of Salvation. I realized that there's some stuff that you don't need to say at first because it'll probably just confuse them or they'll just forget it. We have to teach them through the Holy Ghost because it is only through the Holy Ghost that people are converted and learn. We have to do all we can to bring it unto the hearts of the investigators so that the investigator can bring it into their hearts. It was a really good conference.

So for this little spiritual thought that I'm about to drop, let me start off with saying that I'm starting to feel more towards the love of the Savior and coming more and more to the realization that this work is the work of God. God wants all his children to be happy so he sets them in the path of the missionaries to help them get on the right path to happiness and joy. I want to talk about one of President Thomas S Monson's talk in General Conference about Kindness, Charity, and Love. I thought it was interesting the things he talked about in conference. He didn't talk that long or that much but he talked about Kindness and Charity and Love. I was thinking why is this really important for the world to hear at this time. It's important because if we all love our neighbors there wouldn't be any conflict in the world. All of the problems of the world would be solved if we just love each other. We are all Heavenly Father's children. We need to teach others with love. I noticed that on my mission, once you start serving others you begin to love them more. When you're not thinking about yourself, you are more receptive of the love of God. I love being a missionary here in Thailand and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This is God's work and I'm blessed to be out here serving the Lord. I love you all and miss everyone!!!!

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดกเกอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment