February 27, 2017

Fwd: Here Comes the Sun

From: Colby John Decker <colby.decker@myldsmail.net>
Subject: Here Comes the Sun
Date: February 26, 2017 at 8:43:35 PM PST
To: Robin Decker <Robinlynnd@gmail.com>

Another awesome week down. The temperature is getting hotter and it's getting more and more fun to ride bikes haha. I didn't realize how hot places can really get. But yeah the week was awesome. Last week for P-Day we went to some place on our bikes that had these stairs that went up to a temple. There was like 300 stairs and everyone thought it was funny white people were doing it. It was really cool though. 

On Tuesday I went to Surin for a switch off with Elder Shipp who is a transfer older than me too. Our district is so young the oldest person has been out for a year. It's the city of Elephants but I haven't seen one yet. But yeah it was really cool to serve in a different area. It's a little poorer than Buriram and a lot more people. But the people are so nice and cool. 

This week has been good. A lot of miracles. Brother Egg accepted a baptismal date and he's so cool. We've seen a lot of good things happen because when you work hard, the Lord blesses you. This last Sunday, we watched a video from Hong Kong and I had no clue what was going on because the email was translated from English to Thai so they were using some hard words haha. 

A guy named West Win came in who is an eternal investigator, and I couldn't translate for him cause I had no clue what was going on. He's really cool, he's this black guy from I forgot where but he raps in Thai and is like an Attorney here. It's crazy he comes to church.

Well I don't have that much time but I'll leave a little spiritual thought. When times get hard, we can always look to the Lord to help us through these trials. Having a prayer in your heart really does help and God doesn't want to see us unhappy, He made a Plan of Happiness so we can be happy because who doesn't want to be happy. When times get hard here, I can always look to the Lord for help and you have to be humble enough to call unto the Lord for help. 

I love you all and miss everyone!!!!

Elder Decker
เอ็ลเดอร์ เดคเคอร์
Thailand Bangkok Mission






Biking in the rain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment